Have you experienced tooth loss?
One of the consequences of losing a tooth is jawbone deterioration. To offset this destructive effect, dental experts have long been using dental implants as a reinforcement, and your dentists in Madisonville, KY, Drs. Ben and Stuart Baldwin, know firsthand how beneficial this procedure can be and how to perform it.
Here's The Process:
The dental implant procedure consists of several simple steps. A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure. Your dentist will then remove any decayed tooth that may be remaining and insert a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection. The doctor will then surgically close the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months while osseointegration takes its full course (this is the process where titanium fuses to the jawbone to provide reinforcement). When you return, your Madisonville dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment, and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
Dental Implant Benefits
- They anchor dentures.
- They fill gaps in your teeth.
- They look natural and give you a beautiful smile.
- At 95 percent, implants have a higher success rate compared to other dental restorations.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
Plus, caring for dental implants is easy. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your dental implants:
- Get professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash to prevent gum disease and tooth decay
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day
- Floss at least once before bed
Contact Us Today!
If you have questions or concerns, Drs. Ben and Stuart Baldwin can help you out. Call (270) 245-1547 in Madisonville, KY, to make an appoint today!