Posts for tag: invisalign
Apart from looking unsightly, misaligned or crooked teeth could likewise make going about your oral hygiene routine more difficult than it needs to be. In turn, this could result in improper cleaning that over time leads to the development of various oral health problems, including bone and gum damage, or worse, tooth loss.
Conventional orthodontics is one way to correct misaligned bites, but not all are eligible for it. If you’re interested in Invisalign, you can consult with your dentists in Madisonville, KY, Dr. Ben Baldwin or Dr. Stuart Baldwin, at Baldwin Dental Group to determine your eligibility. Until then, learn the benefits that Invisalign treatment has to offer.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually transparent. Since they are composed of a nearly invisible thermoplastic material that’s specifically crafted to fit over the teeth, no one will really be able to tell you’re wearing them.
- Eating all kinds of food won’t be an issue because you can simply take off your aligners and pop them right back on after.
- Because Invisalign aligners are detachable, they’re especially great for people who play contact sports since they can easily remove the aligners and put them back on after playing.
- Unlike conventional orthodontics, you won’t have to be concerned about sharp materials poking you. Besides being transparent, Invisalign aligners are very comfortable to wear. Since each Invisalign tray is customized to the wearer, you can be sure that wearing them for extended periods, as you should, won’t be an issue.
- The Invisalign treatment time is generally faster when compared to conventional orthodontic treatments. This is, of course, provided that you follow all the instructions of your dentists in Madisonville, KY, and wear your Invisalign aligners for the recommended time, which is commonly between 20 to 22 hours every single day.
- Almost all imperfections that traditional orthodontics can correct can likewise be resolved with Invisalign. These include crossbites, open bites, crowded or overlapped teeth, gapped teeth, underbites, and overbites.
Take note though that Invisalign treatment isn’t capable of correcting more severe cases of the orthodontic issues mentioned above. The simple reason for this is that Invisalign can only reposition the teeth, while traditional orthodontics can reposition the jaw, which is typically needed with more serious orthodontic issues. This means that you may need conventional orthodontic treatments.
Talk to Us to Determine If You’re Eligible for Invisalign Treatment
Set an appointment here at Baldwin Dental Group in Madisonville, KY, with Dr. Ben Baldwin or Dr. Stuart Baldwin, by calling (270) 245-1547.
Thanks to Invisalign, it's possible to straighten your teeth both subtly and comfortably. Here at Baldwin Dental Group, the Madison, KY, office of family dentists Drs. Ben and Stuart Baldwin, we use this system to transform the smiles of qualifying adults. Read on to learn if Invisalign is the right solution for you!
How Invisalign treatment can help you
Benefits of Invisalign include:
- No Drastic Changes to Your Smile During Treatment: The Invisalign system uses a series of clear, removable aligner trays to reposition your teeth. Given the transparency of the trays, nothing about this orthodontic treatment will call unwanted attention to your smile.
- Easy-to-Use System: You'll wear each aligner tray for about two weeks. During that time, the tray will exert constant pressure on your teeth, gradually realigning them. After two weeks, you'll put away your current trays and replace them with the next series in the set. Your trays are designed to be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day.
- Comfort and Convenience: Aligner trays are made of comfortable plastic to prevent irritation to your sensitive tissues. They can be removed for a few hours if you have a special night out planned or are competing in a sporting event.
- Freedom from Adjustments: Regular adjustments, a must with other orthodontic treatments, aren't necessary with Invisalign. Although you'll visit our Madison family dentist periodically to ensure that your treatment is progressing as expected, you'll spend less time at the dental office than you would with other options.
- No Food Restrictions: While undergoing Invisalign treatment, you can simply remove your aligner trays during mealtimes, thus allowing you to eat whatever you wish.
Interested? Give us a call
Make over your smile with Invisalign! Call your Madison, KY, family dentists, Drs. Ben and Stuart Baldwin of Baldwin Dental Group, at (270) 245-1547 to schedule an appointment.
Find out what makes someone a perfect candidate for Invisalign treatment.
No matter your age, if you are dreaming of a straighter smile it can be yours with the help of orthodontic treatment. Of course, we understand that many of our patients are going to college, just started their first job or are already working professionals and so they want their braces to be as discreet as possible. Don’t worry; our Madisonville, KY, dentists, Drs. Ben and Stuart Baldwin, have you covered.
How does Invisalign work?
Instead of traditional braces, which use a metal bracket-and-wire system in order to move teeth into the proper position, Invisalign works by using a set of clear, custom aligners, which are designed to fit over your entire upper or lower row of teeth to move them into the proper position gradually over time.
Before you get your aligners, our Madisonville general dentist will have to examine your smile to make sure that Invisalign is the right option for you. From there, we will take digital images of your teeth, which our specialized computer software will use to help us map out your exact treatment plan down to every little shift and movement of each tooth. From there, this information is given to an Invisalign-approved lab, which will create each aligner based on our exact measurements and specifications.
What should you know about Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great option for healthy older teens and adults looking to fix everything from gaps between teeth and crowding to malocclusions such as overbites or underbites. While it won’t be able to handle more complicated issues, it can handle mild to more significant problems.
It can also be tempting to remove your aligners whenever you want to because you can, but it’s important that you try to wear them about 22 hours out of each day if you want to see results. The less you wear them the less effective they will be and the longer you’ll have to wear them in order to get the results you want. Of course, you can take them out before you eat, drink, brush, or floss, which means that it will easily fit into your lifestyle.
Are you ready to find out if Invisalign is the right orthodontic treatment for you? If so, don’t hesitate to call our Madisonville, KY, dental office to schedule your no-risk consultation with us. Turn to Baldwin Dental Group for all of your smile needs.
Do you often wish your teeth were straighter, but consider braces to be too much of a hassle? Now, you can get the perfect smile without traditional braces. With help from your Madisonville, KY dentist at Baldwin Dental Group, you can join the 3 million people worldwide who have benefited from Invisalign’s revolutionary orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign: The Clear Alternative to Braces
Invisalign uses a series of clear and sturdy yet comfortable aligner trays made of plastic. The process involves using positive pressure applied to the teeth to move them into the desired positions. Tiny, tooth-colored bumps affixed to the teeth called attachments help the trays move some teeth more than others, providing pinpoint accuracy. Your current trays are replaced by the next set in the series approximately every two weeks until you complete the treatment. The entire process usually lasts under two years, but the length of treatment varies depending on each patient.
Before you can start treatment, your dentist determines if Invisalign is your best option. Very severe cases may need more aggressive treatment though most orthodontic cases can benefit from Invisalign. At your first appointment, your dentist takes a 3D mold of your mouth to send to Invisalign’s dental laboratory. There, a lab technician creates a customized video showing you exactly the route your teeth will take to their final straightened positions. When you and your dentist approve the video, the laboratory begins creating your custom trays and delivers them to your dentist’s office.
The Invisalign Treatment
When the trays come in, an appointment with your dentist helps you understand how the trays work. You will get a lesson on how to insert, remove and care for the trays. Since your results depend entirely on your commitment to wearing the trays, you will be required to wear them for 22 hours a day. You may remove the trays to eat and brush, but must wear the trays while sleeping. While the trays may feel bulky or uncomfortable at first, you will quickly get used to them and wearing them will become second nature.
For more information on Invisalign, please contact Dr. Ben Baldwin, DMD and Dr. Stuart R. Baldwin, D.M.D. at Baldwin Dental Group in Madisonville, KY. Call (270) 245-1547 to schedule your consultation for Invisalign today!