Apart from looking unsightly, misaligned or crooked teeth could likewise make going about your oral hygiene routine more difficult than it needs to be. In turn, this could result in improper cleaning that over time leads to the development of various oral health problems, including bone and gum damage, or worse, tooth loss.
Conventional orthodontics is one way to correct misaligned bites, but not all are eligible for it. If you’re interested in Invisalign, you can consult with your dentists in Madisonville, KY, Dr. Ben Baldwin or Dr. Stuart Baldwin, at Baldwin Dental Group to determine your eligibility. Until then, learn the benefits that Invisalign treatment has to offer.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually transparent. Since they are composed of a nearly invisible thermoplastic material that’s specifically crafted to fit over the teeth, no one will really be able to tell you’re wearing them.
- Eating all kinds of food won’t be an issue because you can simply take off your aligners and pop them right back on after.
- Because Invisalign aligners are detachable, they’re especially great for people who play contact sports since they can easily remove the aligners and put them back on after playing.
- Unlike conventional orthodontics, you won’t have to be concerned about sharp materials poking you. Besides being transparent, Invisalign aligners are very comfortable to wear. Since each Invisalign tray is customized to the wearer, you can be sure that wearing them for extended periods, as you should, won’t be an issue.
- The Invisalign treatment time is generally faster when compared to conventional orthodontic treatments. This is, of course, provided that you follow all the instructions of your dentists in Madisonville, KY, and wear your Invisalign aligners for the recommended time, which is commonly between 20 to 22 hours every single day.
- Almost all imperfections that traditional orthodontics can correct can likewise be resolved with Invisalign. These include crossbites, open bites, crowded or overlapped teeth, gapped teeth, underbites, and overbites.
Take note though that Invisalign treatment isn’t capable of correcting more severe cases of the orthodontic issues mentioned above. The simple reason for this is that Invisalign can only reposition the teeth, while traditional orthodontics can reposition the jaw, which is typically needed with more serious orthodontic issues. This means that you may need conventional orthodontic treatments.
Talk to Us to Determine If You’re Eligible for Invisalign Treatment
Set an appointment here at Baldwin Dental Group in Madisonville, KY, with Dr. Ben Baldwin or Dr. Stuart Baldwin, by calling (270) 245-1547.